The Industry and Advanced Manufacturing area in Vicomtech-IK4 seeks to apply technologies related to Simulation, Visualisation, Augmented Reality, Geometry Processing, Artificial Vision, and Knowledge Engineering for the management, processing, analysis and use of data generated in industrial settings. Our inspiration is derived from the desire to support industry in its path to new and innovation paradigms through the use of revolutionary ICT technologies. Thus supporting development of products and processes required by the industry of the future.
The main activities of the area are:
- R&D in Artificial Vision for analysis, control and quality assurance of processes and manufacturing goods.
- R&D in Interaction, Visualisation and Process Simulation.
- R&D in shop floor knowledge management.
- R&D in geometry processing mechanisms targeting additive manufacturing technologies.
- Offering tailor-made technological solutions to companies, private citizens and public administrations.
- Improving the effectiveness of solutions, products or tasks through the real application of R&D results as intelligent solutions.
We offer these solutions in particular:
- Modelling and Simulation:
- Modelling and physical simulation of processing and products in production chains, manufacturing cells, and production lines.
- Modelling and simulation of additive manufacturing processes, sintering, and stereo lithography.
- FEM and BEM physical simulation.
- CAD, CAM, CAE.
- Design, Knowledge Engineering, Applied Semantics, Shop Floor Management and Data Mining:
- Massive data mining of shop floor, products, processing, and sensors.
- Management and recycling of the shop floor experience.
- Big Data applied to the industrial environment.
- Industrial standards (OPC-UA, STEP, CIS/2).
- Knowledge Mining.
- Maintenance systems (productive, predictive and TPM).
- KaaS systems.
- Visualisation and advanced interaction:
- Augmented, virtual and mixed reality systems applied to the industrial.
- Visual Analytics.
- Multi-platform visualisation of machine elements and processing.
- Human-Machine Interaction.
- Product and Processing quality inspection and control systems with Artificial Intelligence.
Our solutions are focused on covering the innovation cycle in our field, transforming industrial need into research projects, and offering research results in the form of advanced prototypes for the sector. Our team consists of mechanical engineers, industrial engineers, telecommunication engineers, and IT engineers, which allows us to support your company in the Industrial and IT fields.
Links of interest
- Technological solutions
- Specialization technologies