We are looking for someone with knowledge in developing and implementing the strategy of the Virtual Engineering & Simulation activities at Vicomtech. The main technologies of specialization of this line include Interactive 3D Simulations, Human Computer Interaction, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry and Advanced Visualization. Application scenarios include industrial Digital Twins, Augmented Reality systems, interactive 3D simulations of complex manufacturing processes, additive manufacturing digital solutions, virtual environments for engineering, cloud-based engineering simulations, etc.
The selected candidate’s activities will include:
- Active participation in the definition of the Virtual Engineering & Simulation roadmap in Vicomtech
- Management activities such as team activity planning, identification of sectors and potential clients, project execution monitoring, financial definition of projects, external representation of Vicomtech interest groups, presentations for different audiences, etc.
- Frequent contact with existing or potential external partners and industrial clients, with a proactive attitude of identifying real needs and proposing potential solutions that can be developed in applied research projects. For ongoing projects, special care on client relationships and excellent execution.
- Direct involvement in identifying opportunities and writing relevant proposals for key customers and administrations, -including large industrial groups, strategic industrial customers, European projects H2020 and Horizon Europe-. Support other members of the team in the definition of research proposals and their acquisition.
- Leading role as Coordinator (or Supervisor) of relevant national and international applied R&D projects.
- Coordination of highly qualified research teams working in the applied research projects, and close cooperation with researchers from other lines and other areas at Vicomtech.
- Active participation in scientific activity of the line, including publications, research orientation and PhD processes.
If you have experience on one or more Visual Computing and Simulation technologies (Interactive 3D Simulations, Human Computer Interaction, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry, Advanced Visualization…) and are familiar with applied research and technology transfer in related fields you might be able to join our team.
Hautagaiek honako hauen jabe izan behar dute:
o Ph.D. in Engineering and/or Computer Science
o Strong background required in Engineering, Manufacturing and Production. Examples: Mechanical, Industrial, or Production Engineering studies.
o Strong background and expertise required in one or more Visual Computing and Simulation technologies (Interactive 3D Simulations, Human Computer Interaction, Virtual & Augmented Reality, Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry, Advanced Visualization…).
o Strong record (preferred 10 years or more) of applied research and technology transfer in related fields. Proven record of leadership in relevant international and national applied research projects.
o Scientific publications: relevant publication record more than 10 indexed article publications). PhD advisory role is a clear plus.
Languages: High level of English and Spanish. Other languages are a plus.
We will value:
PhD advisory role is a clear plus.
High level of English and Spanish. Other languages are a plus.
Participation in patents and other forms of Industrial Property.
Excellent relational and communication capabilities, both within Vicomtech as well as with customers and partners. Ability to translate industrial needs into applied R&D proposals.
Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure. Willing to work in exciting and challenging situations.
Strong team worker.
You will join an international dynamic, innovative and leading centre in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction. You will work in a multidiscipline team within the Industry and Advanced Manufacturing department and you will contribute to ongoing projects and possible future projects, as well as to the development of software libraries that are constantly growing at Vicomtech.
Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibility.
If you can identify with these qualities, provide us with your CV through this form and take your chance to share your future with us.