Vicomtech (www.vicomtech.org) is a private Applied Research Center specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Visual Computing and Interaction located in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). Vicomtech is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and GraphicsVision.ai, an international network specialized in Computer Graphics (https://graphicsvision.ai/). Formed by more than 200 researchers -more than 60 are PhDs- in various technologies and application areas and more than 80 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech fosters the use of the latest cutting-edge technologies in applications that support the innovation cycle in companies and organizations in our environment, including those in the intelligent security video analytics sector.
Candidates must show a proactive and self-managing attitude, demonstrating an excellent scientific and/or technical background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and commitment to understand the needs of clients and project partners. They should be able to design and develop novel computer vision and/or deep learning algorithms in areas such as: object detection tracking, image classification, image retrieval, image retrieval, visual indexing, scene understanding, image segmentation, face tracking, body tracking, key point estimation, person re-identification, action recognition, temporal anomaly localization, text detection and recognition, image/video captioning, etc.
The candidate will be expected to participate in cutting-edge computer vision research that can be applied to the development of products related to forensics, video surveillance or operational efficiency. In addition, you will collaborate with cross-functional research and engineering team members and contribute to the expansion and enhancement of our ML tools, creating next generation capabilities.
Candidates must have:
- Master's or PhD degree, preferably in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in solving computer vision problems.
- Experience in training and evaluation of DNN architectures.
We value candidates:
- Enthusiastic and technically curious about ML and AI technologies.
- Good coding skills in Python and C++.
- Proficiency with some of these machine vision and machine learning frameworks: OpenCV, TensorFlow + Keras, PyTorch, Pytorch + FastAI.
- Good working knowledge of the tools in our development stack, including Git, Markdown, etc.
- Upholding and promoting of good practices in code design, quality and security.
- A pro-active, self-managing attitude.
- A multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Personal development through training and education opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.