We are looking for a person to participate in developing and leading some of the cyber-security applied research activities at Vicomtech (depending on specific profile). At Vicomtech we work mainly on two specific research lines, first one on attack and anomaly detection and response systems, both fundamentally based on Artificial Intelligence Systems, and second one on Identity Management systems, through biometrics and Advanced Access Control and secure traceability of events for forensic analysis in networks without mutual trust. In addition, the application of these technologies is transversal to many other vertical technologies of the Center, such as: Data Analytics (industrial data, images, video, voice or text), Advanced Manufacturing and Communications, Cloud Computing, etc.
The selected candidates’ activities will include:
- Active participation in the definition of the cybersecurity strategy & roadmap in Vicomtech through the research line “Protection & Trust”.
- Excellent relational and communication capabilities, both within Vicomtech as well as with customers and partners. Ability to translate industrial needs into applied R&D proposals.
- Coordination of research teams and close cooperation with researchers from several areas, and with external partners and customers, in national and international applied R&D projects, in his/her areas of expertise.
- Support the definition of research proposals and their acquisition.
- Direct technical and management participation in cybersecurity and biometrics related projects.
- Participation in interest groups.
- Active participation in scientific publications and research orientation related with the activities.
- On a technical level, experience in at one of the following: Identity Management, Self-sovereign identities, Federated Access Control, Biometric systems, Traceability systems, Forensic Analysis, Blockchain, Data Privacy and Protection.
Candidates must have:
- Qualified candidates will have a proven background in cybersecurity related aspects and must hold a Ph.D.
- Proven experience in technologies related to cybersecurity (as described above), as well as a good knowledge of one or several cybersecurity sectors. Examples: researcher in cybersecurity, system security engineering, information security engineering, researcher in biometrics.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure. Willing to work hard in exciting and challenging situations.
- Strong team worker.
- Competent English speaker, at least C1 level or equivalent.
We value candidates:
- Strategic thinker, capability to define objectives, roadmaps, technology trends, even beyond his/her technological skills, open mind and global vision.
- Proven relational capabilities: existing network of contacts, capability to open and maintain strategic contacts in industry, institutions and academia.
- Sound management skills and expertise. Leadership experience.
- Strong scientific record.
- Medium / high Spanish level is not a strict requirement but will be highly valued.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the Cybersecurity department.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center's management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
If you feel identified with us, please send us your CV.