Vicomtech, an international applied research centre in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics and Interaction located in San Sebastian and Bilbao (Spain) is looking for a researcher in dialogue systems who is also motivated by the transfer of this knowledge into real world applications, through the development of advanced research prototypes built to solve real needs.
The selected candidate will be heading the Dialogue Systems Research Line within the Speech and Natural Language Technologies Department, leading a team of dialogue system researchers, assuming project management responsibilities and participating in high profile projects at the technical level.
Candidates must have:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Dialogue Systems or related field
- Good written and spoken Spanish and English
- Good programming skills (Python, Go, HTML/JS, Bash)
We value candidates:
- Voice-based interaction (audio capture & adaptation of wake up word, speech recognition and speech synthesis components)
- Deep learning architectures for natural language understanding (Rasa, BERT, XLM-R, mT5)
- Statistical dialogue management and/or end-to-end dialogue systems
- Neural natural language generation
- Docker containers and GIT
- Participation in industrial and/or European research projects
- A multi-cultural and multidisciplinary research environment
- A group active in the international Speech and Natural Language Technologies research field with a successful track record of technology transfer