We are looking for candidates interested in applied research positions in the field of Industrial Computer Vision.
Selected candidates will apply the newest technologies in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in industrial sectors, especially in Advanced Manufacturing and Industrial Process/Product control.
Candidates must have:
Candidates must be familiarized with computer vision and image processing for industrial needs, including at least some of the following related aspects:
- Good computer programming skills (it’s a clear plus)
- Definition and implementation of proper illumination and image capturing set-ups, including camera calibration
- 3D geometry manipulation and reconstruction [point clouds, triangle meshes, 3D CAD]
- Image classification & segmentation for dimensional and/or surface quality inspection of manufactured parts
- Video analysis of industrial processes
- integration of computer vision acquisition of 2D and 3D images in industrial automation scenarios (including robotic control, PLC programming)
- Machine learning & artificial intelligence applied to computer vision industrial problems
- Visual real-time tracking of industrial processes and components. Expert candidates in other computer vision related fields will be also considered, provided they are flexible enough to adapt to the industrial field and their scientific-technical background is appropriate.
The successful candidates will have a proactive attitude for applied research. They should be interested in developing innovative solutions to challenging industrial problems based in new technological advances, but also in the research aspects and the and publication of the results in the form of scientific publications and/or patents. They should demonstrate a strong interestin understanding the needs of companies and institutions in these fields, developing joint projects with the industry and the academia. They will work closely in a highly motivated team with complementary skills, as our projects are collaborative by nature.
The candidates should have the following profile:
- Education: M.Sc. in related fields. Ph.D will be a clear plus (Ph.D. students are encouraged to apply)
- Experience: Industrial and/or EU projects Experience in any related field (see above) will be positively considered
- Languages: High level of English. Spanish is not necessary, but it would be positively considered.
Joining a dynamic, innovative and high-level applied research centre (115 people, 43 Ph.D.) that has a strong focus on Visual Computing technologies, with world-class customers and partners. We are based in San Sebastian, Basque Country (northern Spain), in the gastronomic capital of the World, the Surf capital of Europe, and EU City of Culture. We are on the shore of the breathtakingly beautiful Atlantic Ocean, close to nature. We are immersed in a fiercely independent entrepreneurial culture. Our professionals and infrastructure will provide you value that will be useful for you to achieve new knowledge, and to go in depth in the world of applied research to the company, emphasizing the scientific aspect, as is our mission. If you have initiative and are willing to join a multidisciplinary and multicultural group like ours, we will make our best so that you turn into a good professional of applied research. We offer a clear professional career path suitable for all the people who want to start or strengthen their research career. Besides, depending on the profile, we can also offer a Ph.D. track complementary with the full-time researcher contract. Work with us. We have a highly motivated team that lives in a beautiful place, that is full of vibrant character and personality. Compensation commensurate with experience.