Junior AI Researcher for Industry (Bilbao)
Investigador/a junior de IA para industria
Vicomtech has a strong activity in applying machine learning and & AI in industry. By following the paradigm of Industry 4.0, research activities are oriented to improve industrial processes through R&D on Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
In the Data Intelligence for Energy and Industrial Processes department we research new applications based on data analysis and visualization and Industry 4.0 technologies to transfer them to the business network and strengthen its competitiveness.
We are looking for people with an interest in research to help us in the design, development and deployment of applications, based on cutting-edge technologies and good software development practices.
We are interested in people with previous experience as well as in people who know the working technologies and have interest in testing and/or developing a research career.
The selected person will join a team competent in the entire technology stack of Industry 4.0 applications. You will work in the research team supporting the design and development of application technologies (connectivity, storage, analysis, visualization, Web interaction, deployment...), according to the quality, robustness and security standards set by the center and customers.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree Computer Science, Telecommunications, Machine Learning or similar
- Understanding of Machine Learning methods, Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement Learning
- Knowledge of programming technologies in some of these areas: Python ecosystem for ML and optimization, databases
- Very good communication skills and ability for business translation between customer and R&D team.
- A medium-high level of English and Spanish
We value candidates:
- A desire to pursue a PhD or have a PhD would be a plus.
- System architecture knowledge: Full-stack, virtualization & cloud, containers (Docker/Docker compose, Kubernetes),...
- A medium-high level of Basque is desirable.
- Interest in developing a research career, having a PhD or having interest in completing it at Vicomtech.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Opportunity to contribute to attractive projects with a high impact on industry using innovative technologies.
- Creative freedom to implement solutions that respond to the needs of the center.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.