We are looking for a person with expertise in data engineering and software development and information technology operations (DevOPs) to join any of our offices (Donostia - San Sebastia/Bilbao).
If you have experience in Big Data and data engineering applications, to participate in both European and industry-driven projects related to these technologies, and you show a proactive attitude for applied research, demonstrating an excellent scientific and/or technical background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and commitment to understand the needs of clients and project partners, as well as those coming from other projects and initiatives in this line of research, you may be able to join our team.
Candidates must have:
Education: At least a M.Sc. degree in computer science, telecommunications or related fields. Candidates about to complete their doctoral training will also be considered.
Experience: Given the broad range of possible application scenarios, we look for a versatile candidate with demonstrable experience in some of the following areas:
- Data engineering
- Interoperable architecture definition and development
- Python web-frameworks development and deployment
- Skills on data preparation / science programming languages e.g. R, Python (SciKit) and implementations focussed in single and distributed computing.
- Experience on the design and development of timely asynchronous data processing systems (batch, streaming) in both Big Data and non-Big Data contexts. Example technologies include: Kafka, Storm, Spark and Celery.
- Knowledge on different cloud service providers at their different service offerings (e.g. IaaS, PaaS): Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge on software-defined infrastructures: e.g. AWS CloudFormation
- Container encapsulation technologies: Docker
- Experience in Linux work environments (scripting, service management, performance analysis and tuning)
- Microservices, and cluster orchestration technologies: YARN, Mesos, Kubernetes.
- Deployment of Big Data Ecosystems: Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Bare-metal virtualisation solutions: Proxmox, MAAS, OpenStack
- Service / deployments monitoring solutions: Nagios, sematext, Monitis
- DevOp automatization tools: Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible...
Given the applied research nature of the centre and solutions to develop, experience on software development (i.e., quality code development, experience with code versioning tools, test-driven software methodologies and agile development) is required.
Languages: High level of written and spoken English, at least intermediate level of Spanish. Knowledge of other languages such as Basque, French or German will be also valued.
We value candidates:
Experience with machine learning, deep learning and/or generative models will be valued.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the eHealth and Biomedical Applications department.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center's management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
If you feel identified with us, please send us your CV.