Vicomtech (www.vicomtech.org) is a private Applied Research Center specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Visual Computing and Interaction located in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). Vicomtech is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and GraphicsVision.ai, an international network specialized in Computer Graphics (https://graphicsvision.ai/). Formed by more than 200 researchers -more than 60 are PhDs- in various technologies and application areas and more than 80 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech fosters the use of the latest cutting-edge technologies in applications that support the innovation cycle in companies and organizations in our environment, including those in the health and biotechnology sector. With a focus on applied research for industrial problems, approximately 50% of the center's activity is under contract, 20% are European projects -such as those of the Horizon Europe program- and 30% are national and local grants, mostly obtained in competitive calls.
The Department of Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies is a source of innovative developments for the biomedical sector, with applications such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems, computer assisted surgery and many others.
We are looking for motivated postdoctoral researchers with proven experience in artificial intelligence, software development and management, to be part of the Digital Health and Decision Support Systems in Healthcare technology line.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude for applied research, demonstrating an excellent scientific and/or technical background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and commitment to understand the needs of customers and project partners. They should be able to generate new ideas that can be translated into industrial R&D projects or offerings, as well as to bring projects and initiatives in this line of research to fruition. Candidates should also have the necessary technical skills (at programming or conceptualization level) to turn their knowledge into real software solutions. Experience in Digital Health or Clinical Decision Support software development as a medical device would also be an asset.
Candidates must have:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in AI or Decision Support Systems in Healthcare or related field.
- Good level of written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Proven experience in the development of Digital Health projects that include computational modelling of clinical knowledge, computational modelling of care processes, clinical decision support systems and/or artificial intelligence applied to these domains.
We value candidates:
- Previous participation in industrial and/or European aligned research projects.
- Experience in software validation as a medical device (ISO-13485, MDR).
- Programming skills (Python, Java, R) and relational or non-relational databases (Mysql, MongoDB,...)
- Experience in packaging products in containers (Docker), deployments, orchestration (Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployments (CI/CD) through Gitlab is a plus.
- Experience in service architecture design (analytical skills, abstraction, order and knowledge of available technologies) will be an asset.
- Motivation to acquire knowledge and new skills on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of Basque, in addition to other languages.
- A multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment.
- A group active in the field of Digital Health technologies research at an international level, with a successful track record of technology transfer.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Personal development through training and education opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.