Investigador/a en Tecnologías 5G/6G
We are looking for a researcher with research experience in the field of 5G/6G technologies to join our headquarters in San Sebastian or Bilbao. Vicomtech is an applied research technology center, dynamic, innovative and leading in the field of 5G and 6G communications with projects such as Open-Verso, 6G-XR, 5GMETA or 5G-EUSKADI.
The selected person will join a team of 20 people with a multidisciplinary knowledge within the Digital Media & Communications department. The research staff at Vicomtech has creative freedom when conducting research, looking for creative solutions to scientific-technological challenges, so we are looking for a person with the ability to lead a team in a research project and to take care of the professional development of the research staff with whom he/she collaborates. For this, we offer opportunities in training and education of people, defining from the beginning a career and professional progression. In addition, Vicomtech has policies of conciliation, to achieve a balance between work and family life, remote work and equal employment opportunities.
Candidates must have:
- Education: Engineering or Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications; Master's Degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science. A PhD in the field of telecommunications or computer science will be an asset.
- Experience in participating in research projects related to 5G or 6G, such as European or national projects. Experience in project management tasks related to 5G or 6G would be an asset.
- Experience in software development, Linux operating system, code development tools (GIT). In addition, knowledge in virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenStack) and being able to prove working experience with OpenAirInterface and/or Open5Gs will be valued.
- Knowledge in the field of 4G/5G technologies and networks, familiar with Sofware-defined Radio (SDR) and open source (OpenAitInterface, Open5Gs etc.) or commercial (Amarisoft, etc.) software solutions.
- Scientific publications as author or co-author of scientific papers in international congresses or scientific journals of international relevance.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and cutting-edge Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia-San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Multidisciplinary work team.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center's management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.