The Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department is a source of innovative developments for the biomedical sector, with applications such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems, computer-assisted surgery and many others.
We are looking for motivated candidates with proven experience within biological data engineering, artificial intelligence and software development, to be part of a team oriented to the development of data-driven precision medicine technology / applications (e.g., biomarkers of biological samples, molecular data, genomics, other omics) with a focus on biomedical research oriented to the development of new products / services in the biotech, pharmaceutical and bio-health sectors.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude for applied research, demonstrating an excellent scientific and/or technical background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and commitment to understand the needs of the clients and partners of the projects involved, as well as those coming from other projects and initiatives in this line of research. Candidates must also have the necessary programming skills to turn their knowledge into real software solutions.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biotechnology or other related technological areas.
- Experience in the extraction, preparation, analysis, visualization and modeling of biological data, especially knowledge of advanced computational techniques and artificial intelligence (e.g. machine learning, deep learning).
- Extensive knowledge of statistical analysis, research methodology and design of experiments.
- Programming experience in Python/R/bash and relational or non-relational databases (Mysql, PostgreSQL MongoDB,...).
- Linux/Unix knowledge and experience in the use of open-source tools (Git, ...) and HPC computing systems for data analysis.
- Experience in software development.
- Medium-high level of English.
We value candidates:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biotechnology or other related technological areas.
- Experience in software development is a plus.
- Motivation to acquire knowledge and new technical skills on a continuous basis.
- Medium-high level of Basque
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies department.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Reconciliation policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.