The Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Department is a source of innovative developments for the biomedical sector, with applications such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems, computer assisted surgery and many others. It currently has 6 EU projects in the Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe programs, and collaborates with companies, health institutions, technology centers and universities in the development of innovative digital solutions in the biomedical sector.
We are looking for motivated postdoctoral researchers with proven experience in digital health or related fields, including artificial intelligence in the medical field, medical knowledge modeling and clinical decision support systems, digital solutions for disease (self-)management and digital therapies, telemedicine, clinical data exploitation and process improvement in inpatient and outpatient settings, etc.
Candidates' experience in the approach, development and validation of solutions in these areas and at different levels of technological development, from proof of concept to clinical validation, will be valued. Experience in the development of validation studies of digital or AI solutions in the medical field will be an asset.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude for applied research, demonstrating an excellent scientific and/or technical background in the offered topic, a proven ability to work in a team and commitment to understand the needs of clients and project partners. They should be able to generate new ideas that can be translated into industrial R&D projects or offerings, as well as to bring projects and initiatives in this line of research to fruition. Candidates should also have the necessary technical skills (at programming or conceptualization level) to turn their knowledge into real software solutions. Experience in the development of Digital Health or Clinical Decision Support software as a medical device will also be an asset.
Candidates must have:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in areas related to Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Telecommunications Engineering with application to the biomedical area in general and in particular related to digital health and/or medical AI.
- Good level of written and spoken Spanish and English
- Proven experience in the development of Digital Health projects, in areas such as predictive models, clinical knowledge modeling (digitization of clinical guidelines, ontologies, semantic interoperability...), clinical decision support systems, digital health self-management systems and digital therapies, telemedicine, data exploitation and improvement of health processes or related fields.
We value candidates:
- Previous involvement in industrial and/or European aligned research projects.
- Project and team management or proposal writing.
- Experience in software validation as a medical device (ISO-13485, MDR).
- Experience in service architecture design (analytical skills, abstraction, order and knowledge of available technologies) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of programming (Python, Java, R) and relational or non-relational databases (Mysql, MongoDB,...)
- Motivation to acquire knowledge and new skills on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of Basque, as well as other languages.
- A multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment.
- Being part of a leading team in the field of Digital Health technologies research at an international level, with a successful track record of technology transfer.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Participation in attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology, with the possibility of working directly with various types of professionals in the biomedical field in the local, national or international environment.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.