Investigador/a en virtualización de redes (SDN/NFV)
We are looking for a researcher with research experience in the field of network virtualization to join our headquarters in San Sebastian or Bilbao. Vicomtech is an applied research technology center, dynamic, innovative and leading in the field of 5G and 6G communications with projects such as Open-Verso, 6G-XR or 5G-EUSKADI.
The selected person will join a team of 20 people with multidisciplinary knowledge within the Digital Media & Communications department. The research staff at Vicomtech has creative freedom when conducting research, looking for creative solutions to scientific-technological challenges, so we are looking for a proactive and autonomous person who likes to train and address new challenges. For this, we offer opportunities in the training and education of people, defining from the beginning a career and professional progression. In addition, Vicomtech has policies of conciliation, to achieve a balance between work and family life, remote work and equal employment opportunities.
Candidates must have:
- Education: Engineering or Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications. A Master's Degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science will be an asset.
- Experience in software development, Linux operating system, code development tools (GIT). In addition, it will be valued to be able to accredit work experience with OpenStack, Kubernetes and Open Source Mano.
- Knowledge in the field of Cloud Computing and Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC), familiar with virtualization solutions and network orchestration (NFV).
- Languages: Spanish and English.
We value candidates:
Although it is not an indispensable requirement, it will be valued that the candidate is author or co-author of scientific articles in international congresses or scientific journals of international relevance. In any case, it is required that he/she has the motivation to develop his/her ability to read and write scientific articles, in order to publish the results of Vicomtech's research projects.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and cutting-edge Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia-San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Multidisciplinary work team.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center's management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.