Investigador/a Senior en Seguridad Digital
We currently need to strengthen the protection, identity management and trust guarantees team, which includes the use of technologies such as biometrics, applied cryptography or immutable information recording. We are looking for a person with technical, scientific and team management skills for applied research activities in cybersecurity and cybercrime (according to your particular profile).
The selected candidate's activities will include:
- Active participation in the definition of the strategy and roadmap for digital security at Vicomtech through the "Protection and Trust" line of research.
- Generation and maintenance of business, and research relationships, both within Vicomtech and with partners and customers.
- Coordination of research teams and close cooperation with researchers from various areas, and with customers and external partners, in national and international applied R&D projects in their areas of expertise.
- Active promotion of scientific publications and research orientation of the activities in which Vicomtech participates.
- Support in the definition of research proposals that respond to industry needs, with skills to transform industrial needs into applied R&D proposals.
Candidates must have:
- A PhD degree with at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience, and the possibility to demonstrate experience in aspects related to digital security.
- Proven experience in the management of research projects, we are looking for the candidate to have carried out at least the technical management of projects with a budget of at least 450,000 euros in total.
- Author of at least 6 indexed scientific publications.
- A clear area of scientific or engineering specialization in which he/she possesses in-depth knowledge and the ability to propose new lines of research.
- Problem solving skills and ability to take responsibility under pressure. Willingness to work hard to solve exciting challenges without a clear solution.
- Strong ability to work in a team and lead research teams.
- Proficient in English and Spanish, with a minimum level of C1 or equivalent.
We value candidates:
- At a technical level, experience in at least one of the following areas: identity management, Self-sovereign Identities, Federated Access Control, Biometric systems, Traceability systems, Forensics, Blockchain, Data Protection.
- Strategic thinking, ability to define objectives, roadmaps, technological trends, even beyond your technological skills, open mind and global vision.
- Proven relational skills: networking, ability to establish and maintain strategic contacts in industry, institutions and Academia.
- Extensive record of IP technologies and patents.
- Joining a dynamic, innovative and leading Center in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Visual Computing & Interaction at international level with work centers in Donostia - San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Attractive national and international research and development projects with cutting-edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary work team within the Cybersecurity department.
- Creative freedom to conduct research aligned with the Center's management procedures.
- Personal development through training and educational opportunities.
- Career opportunities and professional progression.
- Work-life balance policies to achieve a balance between work and family life.
- Equal employment opportunities.
If you feel identified with us, please send us your CV!