Harmonised European solutions for testing automated road transport
The HEADSTART (Harmonised European Solutions for Testing Automated Road Transport) project will define testing and validation procedures of Connected and Automated Driving (CAD) functions including its key enabling technologies (i.e. communications, cyber-security, positioning) by cross-linking of all test instances such as simulation, proving ground and real world field tests to validate safety and security performance according to the needs of key user groups (technology developers, consumer testing groups and type approval authorities).
Five (5) objectives encompass the HEADSTART project:
1) Create a dynamic catalogue of existing methodologies, procedures, tools for testing, validation and certification considering multi-stakeholder requirements
2) Harmonisation of existing testing and validation approaches taking into account other industries and domains
3) Define and develop test, validation and certification methodologies and procedures for CAD functions building upon existing initiatives.
4) Demonstrate the developed methodologies, procedures and tools through the testing of 4 CAD use cases.
5) Reach consensus by creating and managing an expert network of CAD testing to promote adoption of the project results considering multi-stakeholder needs
HEADSTART brings together a large representation of stakeholders across the value chain leveraging the knowledge from European and national activities on CAD testing. The consortium and associated stakeholders will cluster the most relevant initiatives, develop the specific procedures and tools missing and harmonise the whole approach to reach a harmonised European solution for testing, validating and certifying automated road vehicles. This will be achieved through international cooperation with industry, academia and policy makers participating in dedicated working groups of a managed expert network during the whole project duration.
Vicomtech participates in the European project H2020 HEADSTART by contributing with its experience in the field of applied research in the automotive sector. In particular, Vicomtech provides the annotation tools and metadata description languages essential for the development and validation processes of SAE Level 2-5 autonomous vehicles. Vicomtech will work on the implementation of test metadata harmonization tools and applications, including scenario description processes, simulations, and annotations of multi-sensor recordings.
Project Information: Grant Agreement ID: 824309, EU contribution: 5.999.028,75€
Looking for support for your next project? Contact us, we are looking forward to helping you.