The Automotive laboratory offers tools necessary for the development and validation of solutions in the field of optimisation of transport infrastructures and the smart exploitation of mobility data, with both real data and simulated data.
This laboratory has relevant equipment such as:
A car equipped with technology in development aimed at autonomous driving
- Systems to recognise traffic signals and detect lanes
- Facial recognition systems
- LIDAR and cameras for 3D and 2D analysis of the environment
- Detection and prediction of the movement of pedestrians, vehicles and obstacles
A room with cutting-edge equipment to carry out the necessary operations for the integration of technology in the vehicle and the corresponding validations.
A simulator which enables:
- The generation of synthetic data for the movement of vehicles and/or pedestrians
- The testing of previous detection systems in a wide range of variables such as the driving environment (urban or interurban), the weather conditions and different lighting conditions depending on whether it is day or night time.
Repositories for the processing and storage of large quantities of data related to geolocalisation and information on transport networks, among others.