Application of the Future of Internet to the eTourism
INFUTUR aims at developing several technologically-advanced prototypes that target some of the technological challenges of the Future of Internet. An special attention will be devoted to those that have a bigger impact on the innovation and an improvement in the competiveness of the eTourism.
Several technological approaches will be followed, such as the following ones:
- Internet of things: INFUTUR will work on the interoperability and integration of the devices and information that is shared or used. Therefore, a new ontology will be defined in order to include the terminology or functionality of those devices based on several simple concepts and relationships among those concepts, as well as the rules needed to combine those concepts and relationships.
- Digital ecosystems. INFUTUR will apply the concept of digital ecosystems to the Internet of things in order to analyse the technical viability and check whether the architecture is valid or not. Thus, approaches related with SOA architecture or access to service offers will be defined.
- Advanced services. INFUTUR will develop service architectures that facilitate the interoperability and access to an increasing range of services and content providers. Thus, the required infrastructure and services will be implemented so that users will receive personalized information in their mobile devices taking into account his/her location and context, and his/her own interests in an automatic way.
- Web n+1. INFUTUR will analyse the combination of the work done based on already existing ontologies in the tourism sector combined with some type of folksonomy. Several services and applications will be developed based on Web technologies in order to check Web 2.0 concepts that are already being used in the educational domain.
- User-generated contents. INFUTUR will develop new methods that allow combining both user-generated contents and those generated by professionals of the tourist offices. The needs of both communities should be identified allowing the exchange of the roles of the users (content providers, consumers, distributors).
- Semantic indexation and search. INFUTUR targets advanced search engines using several filtering techniques (semantic domain information, context-based data or user activities) in order to retrieve context-based personalized contents.
In order to fulfil the objective of the project, the consortium will collaborate with agents of the tourism value chain due to existing unilateral relationships and collaborations of the participants. Therefore, current needs should be identified in order to propose innovative solutions in a medium and long term. Moreover, final prototypes will be validated in real scenarios that will be defined during the project. Thus, collaboration agreements will be signed with tourist institutions and destinations.
Project web site: http://www.infutur.es