Innovative experiences to manage tourist contents
The objective of MEDIATUR is the implementation of a technological platform that allows managing, personalizing and reusing multimedia content within the tourism value chain, publishing this content in a distributed multiformat environment. The system will be based on a platform for distributing content through several electronic formats to Destination Management Organizations (promotional campaigns, daily offers, trip information…) as well as new interfaces for tourism offices (digital signage, mobile devices, interactive kiosks).
In order to reach this general objective, the following partial objectives should be fulfilled:
- Authoring tools for non-expert users that allow the standard-based semantic content indexation and management.
- Personalization algorithms based on the profile of the user, using data mining techniques and user feedback.
- Implementation of tools for the generation of personalized dynamic packaging, including the following elements:
- Search engines based on standard retrieval techniques.
- New algorithms for the generation of personalized daily travel plans based on restrictions.
- Authoring tools for real-time content generation.
- New HCI interfaces for content visualization and retrieval, so that they could be published in real time.
Due to the geographical distribution of the consortium, MEDIATUR will be validated in several tourist environments that represent the different characteristics of the Spanish tourist offer, including different and complementary approaches. Therefore, this project will include several pilot experiences in different regions (Basque Country, Andalucia, the Balearic Islands and Cataluña). The main objective of the assessment campaign will be the analysis of the viability of this solution for different tourist profiles.
The consortium includes thirteen Spanish enterprises and Universities (VILAU, Activa Multimedia, Moviquity, Gesfor, Vicomtech, Gestión Local, Araldi, IBATUR, Integrasys, ADM, San Sebastián Turismo, Universidad de Vigo y la Universidad de las Illes Balears), a strategic singular project within the eNem platform (Plataforma Tecnológica Española de Tecnologías Audiovisuales en Red), partially funded by the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce of the Spanish government.
Project web site: http://www.mediatur.net