Itaca 3D- Stereoscopic Entertainment Video Creation, Production and Distribution for 3D TV Visualisation through Broadcast Networks
The project aim is a platform creation for stereoscopic video creation, production and distribution for 3D visualisation through broadcast networks.
• Development of optimised formats of 3DTV contents for commercial TVs in terms of compressibility, efficiency, rendering and customer satisfaction.• Development of codecs for 3DTV formats supporting the spatial and temporal resolution needs. Efficiency in compression, decoder complexity.
• Development of error resistant tools for 3DTV contents in commercial devices using DVB standards.
• Achievement of user experience knowledge to access 3DTV services
• Definition of service quality metrics in 3DTV
• Design of optimised 3D content creation tools.
• Development of an end-to-end system allowing 3DTV format compressed contents in any kind of distribution media using DVB.
The project will analyse different acts involved in the TV service chain, from the acquisition of content to the reproduction, including production, codification and distribution, trying to advance in the state of the art of the applicable technology to each of them, with the aim of achieving a real time 3D emission reaching efficiently (in economic terms) any home in Spain and based on the existing networks.